- Reporting to the GM
- To manage and coordinate a large and complex construction project through all phases of design, permitting and construction.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams involved in feasibility study and project delivery
- Coordinate desk top, feasibility and definitive feasibility studies
- Ensure optimum design/mining methods are selected accurately
- Co-ordinate trade-off studies to optimise project (Backfill, Hoisting System, Mining Method Selection etc)
- Draft scopes of work and manage contracts associated with the project
- Ensure construction of critical infrastructure (Power, Water, Ventilation, Decline) to enable a smooth transition from feasibility to production
- Select suitable equipment to implement project
- Ensure adequate governance of the project through coordination of 3rd party reviews
- Present regular updates to senior management, including corporate
- Project Financial / Budget Control / Quality Control
- Monitoring of and reporting on Technical Designs and Construction Milestones
- Managing of change process with regard to any deviations to project activities and work scope.
- Legal, Audit & Governance
- SHEQ Compliance
- Relevant mining or engineering degree or similar
- Mine Managers Certificate and / or MBA Project Management / business qualification
- At least 15 years’ large project plant / mining construction experience is required
- Open-pit and underground experience
- Registration with a relevant recognized professional body will be an advantage.
- In addition to the above Working knowledge of MHSA and of relevant South African environmental regulations will be a further advantage.
- Residential status
- Local SA contract
- Relocation to the Northern Cape would be necessary
- Only South Africans will be considered for the role.