Are you a qualified Mechanical Superintendent with experience on hydrometallurgical plants and mega mining projects?
This could be the opportunity for you!
Our client is currently undertaking a major project in DRC for the construction of a hydrometallurgical plant and associated infrastructure and is seeking qualified project personnel to join their team.
This exciting copper-cobalt project is one of the largest in Africa and will provide employment opportunities for many experienced individuals in the industry.
- Developing project plans.
- Ensure project activities are carried out according to schedule and budget.
- Coordinating all site mechanical activities.
- Ensure clear and affective communication between all stakeholders.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Ensure goals and objectives are met in a timeous manner.
- Leading and mentoring subordinates.
- Reporting to the Operational Readiness Manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar qualification
- Registration with a professional body highly advantageous.
- Project Management qualification advantageous.
- 5 years previous experience as a Mechanical Superintendent on major mining projects.
- Previous experience with hydrometallurgical plants.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in West Africa, preferably in the DRC.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Single status rotational position.
- Limited duration contract.