Our client is seeking a Project Planner to join their team. The successful incumbent will be accountable for developing and maintaining the project master schedule in accordance with the strategy established for the Project.
- Supervise the planning of all activities in the project scope, through close liaison with area managers and technical specialists.
- Maintain the master schedule for the project, consistent with the project execution strategy.
- Making sure an internal detailed schedule of project team activities is maintained.
- Update guidelines and procedures for all planning activities.
- Tackle risk assessments on schedule and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Supply advice on potential impacts to project schedule on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and report on S-curves and progress reports as required.
- Maintain a formal management reporting system that incorporates performance statistics, any applicable statutory requirements and business improvement initiatives.
- Help aid the Departmental Manager with implementation of change management initiatives and other business improvement projects.
- Making sure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Being visible in the workplace.
- Develop and maintain project standards for contractors and supervise contractors in the execution of planning and scheduling.
- Create monthly reports relating to scheduling.
- Supply input to the prioritization process with trends analysis reports.
- Report variances to schedule and recommend corrective actions to Project Manager and area managers.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Carry out processing, training and projects to agreed cost, quality, quantity and schedule.
- Construct and manage the budget for the function.
- Contribute towards project goals and objectives as may be required from time to time.
- Construct objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across the organisations and cascade this throughout the function.
- Become actively involved in the organisations aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local pupil. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
- Core competencies: Decision making, change management, teamwork, stakeholder orientation
- Transversal competencies: Strategic planning, project management, risk management,
- Technical competencies: Project cost management systems
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Crucial would be a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering, or a Bachelor of Science in either Mining or Metallurgy.
- Desirable would be either a Project Management or Management Qualification.
- Proven working experience as a Project Cost Controller or Project Cost Engineer.
- Relevant experience working on large mining industry project of +50 million US dollar value.
- More than 5 years project management experience.
- Skills; Computer and Communication
- Previous experience in a similar role in Africa or developing nations, with demonstrated positive outcomes.