One of our clients, a supplier to the mining industry is currently in the job market for a Regional Mechanical Buyer to be based at their head office in South Africa.
If you have a technical background and are good at troubleshooting and diagnosing problems on machines this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Responsibilities:Purchasing of parts and equipment used in a production environment
- Build and maintain relationships with key company suppliers
- Secure the best quality items that fit production requirements
- Negotiate with suppliers on the best value and terms
- Work closely with engineers and department managers
- Make periodic proposals to engineers or managers on the types of materials available
Requirements / Qualifications: HDSA Candidates encouraged to apply
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Test or relevant technical experience on crushers and earth moving equipment
- 8 years previous experience in the mining industry with at least 5 years in a Buyer role
- Experience in dealing with operations locally and throughout Africa
- Willingness to travel
- Permanent Position
- Market Related Salary
- Relocation will be required