To coordinate and ensure full, consistent and comprehensive implementation of and adherence to the Health, Safety and Environmental management system throughout the Africa Region as defined by Origin Legislation, the Universal SHE Procedural Manual, the NOSA System and best operating practices.
- Working closely with and provide guidance to Universal's Health, Safety and Environment Officers in each Africa origin and local management to achieve the following for each origin:
- The identification of SHE critical and risk aspects of all work related activities by conducting risk assessments to ensure the safety of all Africa region employees.
- The setting of annual SHE targets, objectives and operating plans (including annual SHE budgets) after consultation with origin/regional management.
- The promotion of SHE training/inductions of all personnel, scheduling the courses according to the actual and perceived risk impacts and assessments ensuring all personnel are aware of the SHE hazards they may encounter at work and on site.
- The periodical audit/assessment/monitoring of SHE performance and the regular communication of the status to origin and regional management.
- The investigation all lost time, reversible and irreversible health incidents, any damage incidents and environmental incidents where the impact could seriously impact on the com pa ny/com m unity/country.
- The scheduling of regular monthly SHE Committee meetings with origin representatives and committee members.
- To coordinate the implementation of the NOSA IMS (incident Management System) in the Africa region.
- To work closely with and assist origin Company Doctors in setting up the Occupational Health and Employee Wellness policies and programs in the Africa Region.
- To act as the point of contact for all regional third party SHE consultants/auditors and ULT Richmond EH&S personnel. Any choice of third party consultants, assessors, inspectors for the region to be made in conjunction with regional management'
- To ensure consistency and accuracy of all SHE related testing (dust, noise, emissions, lighting, etc..) in the Africa region. This includes consistency across the region in the use of third parties for testing, the nature and type of testing and the procedures/equipment used for testing'
- To assist and procure origin readiness for SHE audits by external entities such as NOSA and ULT Corporate.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- No less than 10 - 15 years in SHE Management, SHE auditing in a manufacturing / processing / mining environment
- At least a minimum of 5 years in an ISO 9001 role and also experienced in Bio diversity.
- Extensive experience in dealing with large work force (1500 plus per Origin) with limited literacy levels
- Knowledge of climate change
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 procedures, Knowledge of SHE Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of risk assessment, Knowledge of incident investigations
- South African citizen or Permanent resident
- SHE Legislation and fire procedures, Extensive knowledge of NOSA or a similar Management System
- Training Skills
- High level presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Conflict & dispute management skills
- Incident analysis skills
- Risk analysis skills
- Willing to travel