Reference Number: 917-2009LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Safety Officer from a background in underground coal mining to join their team on site in Mpumalanga.
- Assist in the implementation of the safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to safety regulations.
- Oversee all underground SHERQ related matters.
- Facilitate and perform risk assessments.
- Incident investigations for root cause analysis.
- Monitor and audit contractors.
- Implement corrective measures and provide coaching to ensure compliance.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Blasting Certificate or Trade Test essential.
- 5 years previous experience as a Safety Officer in underground coal mining.
- Computer literate.
- COMSOC 1 and 2 or Samtrac qualification.
- Valid driver’s license.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Candidates outside the area will be required to relocate.
- Long term contract.