Reference Number: 279 1102 MHU
A well-established leader in Geospatial services based in Gauteng has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager with Mining experience to join their team.
This position will be responsible for the establishment of the Mining Sales function and reports to the Sales Director.
- Oversee Sales staff recruitment and ensure sales team alignment.
- Ensure annual sales targets for Mining function are meet.
- Manage the budget of Mining function
- Ensure Sales team in Mining function have clear sales targets and that they are regularly measured against these.
- Ensure detailed monthly reports are submitted to Management.
- Present plans for the period ahead.
- Ensure that all areas and opportunities within the function are effectively covered.
- Ensure that all existing clients within your function are contacted on a regular basis.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships with exciting and potential new clients.
- Understand your Clients’ decision-making hierarchy.
- Ensure that the correct quoting documents are used and that all documentation sent out meet company standards.
- Ensure that all quote requests and tenders are completed professionally and that strict deadlines are met.
- Maintain accurate records of quotes and projects.
- Submit project brief to all relevant departments to ensure the project to be executed to specification and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Ensure all Administration is carried out.
- Ensure that Management is informed of Client problems on services rendered.
- Provide marketing feedback to Management on products and requirements in the industry.
- Keep abreast of all technologies and be able to effectively sell all Company services as required.
- Ensure that the CRM is updated after each client interaction.
- Extensive traveling in South Africa and Africa
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- BSc degree in Engineering – Mining (Hons) or a BSc degree in Geology or Environmental and Engineering Geology (Hons) (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the Mining Industry.
- 3 to 5 years proven working experience in Sales.
- Good understanding of Mining Exploration.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer literate
- Assertive, self-motivated, positive, a result orientated individual with integrity.
- Team player (Essential).
- Organized individual that pays close attention to detail