Reference Number: JAM
An international mining company with a major operation in the Northern Cape is looking for a Section Manager to join the Health and Safety aspect of the mine.
The role will report directly to the Safety Manager and will have a team of 10 subordinates reporting into it.
The company is setting up a Service Provider HUB, and this role will manage this HUB.
- Manage and Lead the Safety Contractors, Service Providers, in order to develop a high-performance culture
- Regulate the safety of Contractors by ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are being met
- Promote HSE awareness
- Advise on Contractors/ Service Provider’s SHE problems
- Provide training and coaching on procedures, processes to ensure all Contractors/ Service Providers are aware of risks and understand appropriate mitigating steps
- Execute inspections and audits to identify unsafe working conditions and practices, reports the results of these inspections and audits and provide appropriate actions
- Escalate unresolved HSE issues and problems
- Notify Operational Managers on any contractor incidents and hazards, in line with reporting requirements
- Assist with investigations and reports with related incidents, injuries and occupational health problems
- Manage and ensure compliance with all relevant legal, environmental, health and safety and risk management standards
- Develop strategic initiatives to ensure sound relations and beneficial impact on performance
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- Honors degree in Safety Management or relevant BTECH in Safety Management
- Competency requirements as per the Mine, Health and Safety Act
- COMSOC, 1, 2, 3, SAMTRAC/ NEBOSH essential
- OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 ad ISO 19001 audit training essential
- A2 and A3 Risk Management Training essential
- Experience in daily SHE management in a mine environment
- 5 years’ Operational experience in Open Cast Mining or Manufacturing
- Experience as Chief Safety Officer essential