This role is responsible for providing the General Manager of the Mine with a strategic financial overview of the mine. Part of this role involves managing the Mine’s Planning & Budgeting function; providing operational decision support from a finance perspective to the EXCO through cost management and business insight and predicting future financial outcomes.Responsibilities:
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting function: Confirm that all budget holder and finance representatives are aware of their roles and responsibilities in the budgeting and forecasting process; Manage and facilitate the overall budget preparation process, ensuring the integrity, accuracy and completeness of the budget; Ensure that the budget complies with the guidelines and instructions as communicated by the AGA group and that it is submitted to the TM1 on time.
- Cost Management: Analyse cost variance report and note any adverse and favourable variances; Continuously search for improvements to reduce working costs while improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Business Performance Reporting & Analysis: Ensure the relevant Business performance KPIs are in place, are aligned to the overall business strategy and are being correctly measured; Interpret financial and supporting non-financial data and leverage off this to providing business insight and value enhancement; Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the operation business, level of maturity, areas of weakness and level of maturity.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in commerce, CA, CIMA qualification or NQF equivalent
- 7-10 years’ experience as a Senior Manager with an accounting background in a mining environment on a business unit
- Computer literate, strong systems knowledge, TM1 and SAP knowledge
- Knowledge of IFRS and mining taxation
- Detailed understanding of internal controls and experience in developing control environments is essential
- Technical evaluation of financial models and business case proposals
- Understanding various costing methodologies and Project Finance
- Familiar with Mining Charter requirements
Benefits and Contractual information: