Our client is heavily involved in Contract Mining in West Africa and is set for growth via a strengthened and more expansive suite of contract mining projects.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for the business development of the Group through successful submission of mining tenders which result in contract awards.
- Full ownership of the tendering process
- Application of approved global processes, procedures and practices for mining contract tendering.
- Input to decision making as to what tenders are attractive to the Group.
- Ensuring tenders are carried out to a professional standard that meet Group standards and requirements.
- Ensuring all tenders are assessed for risk and that the risk is clearly understood.
- Ensuring that all tenders and tender reviews are completed in accordance with a timetable that is structured around the submission date.
- Working to ensure that Project Manager’s understand the tender for their particular project.
- Feed real cost data back into estimating database.
- Ensure plant rates are well understood and periodically challenged.
- Ensure that client’s needs are well understood and researched.
- Ensuring alignment with other key elements/parties of the project example: Finance, Operations, Procurement etc.
- Ability to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Energizing, developing and enabling other colleagues to succeed.
- Driving plan delivery, holding people and self to account.
- Applying influencing techniques that gain commitment and support.
- Building relationships and fostering cross boundary collaboration.
- Ability to create long term relationships with clients
- Ability to articulate complex tenders and ensure that others clearly understand the content.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Relevant Degree or diploma.
- Qualification in Cost Estimating and forecasting.
- Have between 5-15 years related experience in Contract Mining estimating.
- Fitness for duty and able to travel in and around Africa.
- Skills & Knowledge: Computer literacy, Risk Assessing, Financial Modelling, Mining Engineering, Mine Geology, Mine Planning and Contract Mining.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Given the nature of the work there will be great flexibility on the successful candidates’ location but visits to the West African head office plus clients and projects will be required from time to time.
- Permanent contract
- USD Market related salary with benefits