- Identifying, investigating mechanical problems on a copper process plant and working with draughtsman to present a solution
- Acting as the hands-on senior mechanical engineer to increase production and manage plant optimization
- Development and management of project scope, schedule and cost estimates
- Development of project management plans, monitoring and controlling of project work and closing out
- Conducting quality assurance and control
- BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 5 years in the mining industry and mineral processing plants in particular (sag mills, ball mills, crushing, flotation, filtration, converyors)
- 5 years management experience on an operating plant – or as Project Engineer
- Hands on Project Experience and mining industry experience a must
- Demonstrated ability to take a strategic view over key project from business and technical perspective.
- Track record in problem solving on projects
- Project Management skills / Stakeholder Management / Communication skills / Human Resource Management skills
- Ability to influence based on in depth knowledge of projects and the subsequent operations.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to form trust based relationship with mine operational managers.
- 2 year Expatriate contract
- 90 days annual leave, 6 flights home per annum
- Market related USD tax free salary