|Title: Senior Mining Manager (Gold / Surface / Underground) – East Africa
If you have a Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering and a history in underground and surface mining, this could be a perfect career move for you. A client of ours is currently seeking a Senior Mining Manager with technical and strong operational skills.
- Enhance and optimize the mine plan, and put in place equipment, people and operating systems to deliver sustainable and reliable production at world standard productivity levels and costs, safely.
- Implementation, management and maintenance of the ISO18001 & ISO14001 systems.
- Execution, use and continuous coaching of the subordinates.
- In the mining environment, optimise a series of cutbacks in the two main operating pits, to achieve targeted gold production and costs.
- The management of people and effective mine operations work systems within the context of the approved budget.
- Defining, executing and managing contractors in all open pit mining operations areas
- Managing and enhancing the use of the mining fleet, to deliver to the mining production plan and budget.
- Ensuring the quality of leadership being exercised by immediate subordinate managers.
- Deciding on transfers, promotions, demotions and dismissals of SoRs (System of Records).
- The Mining Manager will have responsibility for the effective use of people, resources, and assets associated with: Area of mining operation, Contractors and Suppliers and Mining Projects.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Mining Engineering.
- Post graduate qualifications in management are desirable but not required.
- Have minimum 10 years relevant mining experiences (Surface & Underground).