Reference Number: JAM076
My client is seeking an experienced expatriate to provide process engineering and metallurgical advice in order to maximise production capability and process efficiencies on their Mineral processing plant / minesite in West Africa
- Measure and monitor process plant operations and accurately determine performance variances.
- Maximise asset effectiveness through the provision of operating parameters to correct, maintain or improve process plant performance
- Provide metallurgical and engineering input into troubleshooting operational problems
- Provide technical design specifications and operating limits for new, modified or existing process plant and equipment installations
- Convey constraints and limitations of existing unit operations based on sound engineering fundamentals and comprehensive study of duty requirements
- Maintain a safe workplace by ensuring all activities comply with company occupational EH&S policies and all relevant statutory regulations and standards.
- Actively promote and develop the site “Standard Operations” platform; a system of work that seeks to normalise process operations management, control and response.
- Regularly review and update Standard Operating Parameters.
- Regularly review and update the Metallurgical and Process Engineering Work Plan.
- Review and update plant PFDs, P&IDs, recovery matrices, product specifications and product SDSs.
- Conduct monthly production reconciliations to determine variance between the mine production model and actual production metrics.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improved process capability.
- Develop process design and upgrade scopes for treatment of future ore deposits.
- Complete quick-win projects that deliver improved process capability or feed stock treatment.
- Apply commercial rigour in all proposals.
- Improve the skills of team members by providing basic technical training and guidance on experimental design, analytical methodologies, tools and systems of work.
- Communicate effectively with Site personnel on technical and related issues to enhance process understanding and achieve buy-in and ownership on initiatives.
- Ensure product quality outcomes are predicted accurately, sampled correctly, monitored and analysed using appropriate statistical methods and achieved.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- BE, BSC or equivalent in Process, Chemical, Minerals or Metallurgical Engineering, Metallurgy or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in mining or mineral processing operations with flotation experience advantageous.
- Experience working in Africa as an expatriate is essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with measuring and modelling physical separation systems.
- A demonstrated ability to reconcile sensitivities and errors in determining the performance of unit operations.
- Strong Excel skills, in particular for constructing mass balances and process models.
- Competent in analysis and design of materials handling systems, in particular slurry pumping.
- Competent with combustion systems duty specification, operation and control, in particular liquid fuelled systems.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate positon
- Roster: 7 weeks on 3 weeks off
To apply visit www.caglobalint.com