The purpose of this role is to manage all Stay-In-Business projects from conception to commissioning, hand over to operations and project close out. The Stay in Business Manager shall coordinate all technical design activities on assigned projects, plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the engineering design and project management on projects.
- Development and management of project scope, schedule and cost estimates
- Development of project management plans, monitoring and controlling of project work and closing out plans
- Stakeholder Management
- Procurement Management -manage contracts, monitor performance and closing out packages
- Project Risk Management - Identification of risks and communicating to stakeholders.
- Conduct project risk assessments and develop mitigation plans (including HAZOPs).
- Implementing risk management plans, governance and compliance to company policies.
- Conducting quality assurance and control.
- Identification of project roles and skills, developing project teams and manging team performance
- BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree or BSc Electrical Engineering Degree with extensive mechanical engineering experience.
- Project Management qualification advantageous.
- Financial / Business qualification advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years in the mining industry and mineral processing plants in particular
- 5 years management experience within a project management environment or as Project Engineer
- Hands on Project Experience and mining industry experience a must.
- Must have worked on capital projects and be able to demonstrate success.
- Multi commodity and geographic exposure an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to take a strategic view over key project from business and technical perspective.
- Track record in delivering projects in capital intensive industries.
- Project Management skills / Stakeholder Management / Communication skills / Human Resource Management skills.
- Financial Analysis of projects.
- In depth technical knowledge of how capital projects are delivered from study to steady state operations.
- Ability to influence based on in depth knowledge of projects and the subsequent operations.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust within a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong people person: Ability to form trust based relationship with mine operational managers.
- Expatriate contract
- 90 days annual leave, 6 flights home per annum
- Market related USD tax free salary