A leading Lifting and Materials Handling company that services the Mining industry is looking to employ an experienced Site Manager with extensive management experience in a service-related role to join their branch based in South Africa’s Northern Cape.
You will be responsible to manage service teams and administration staff at two mine sites in the Northern Cape and ensure the satisfactory service delivery is achieved.
Ensure contractual obligations are met to the customers satisfaction, whilst building strong relationships with end users in the plant.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning, Scheduling and Executing of job planning provided by the mine’s staff and coordinate with all service teams as well as executing the planned manned hours and schedule provided by the mine’s planners, schedulers and engineering staff.
- Routine Work Management Compliance
- Ensure technician job cards are submitted daily.
- Ensure all Safety requirements are in place and implemented.
- General site coordination and manage relationship between the company’s staff and the mines Management and staff interactions.
- Attend meetings as required by the mine’s management and end users in the plant.
- Inform end users/foreman of the planned and scheduled jobs and coordinate and advise if any changes of these duties deviate or delayed by email and other communication channels as per the mine’s communication channels.
- Inform Customers/Foreman of spares received and update all parties concerned and mining staff responsible for their planning and scheduling tasks.
- Onsite technical workmanship and supervision on Quality service delivery by the technical teams.
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
- Post Matric qualification in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a service-related role within a company the serves the Mining industry.
- Mechanical / electrical knowledge and technical aptitude is a must.
- Strong leadership, employee relations skills.
- Relevant Mining contracts, safely and legislative knowledge and understanding.
- Must be medically fit to pass standard required medical exams, working at height, firefighting training.
- Must be willing to reside in Kathu, Northern Cape
What’s on Offer:
- Market related
If you meet the key selection criteria, then please apply today.