The SMP Supervisor is responsible for providing ongoing supervision, technical guidance and promoting HSE adherence and awareness to the personnel engaged on site. The successful individual will also be responsible for ensuring all installations are completed to the contract specifications and standards.
- Ensure safe workplace, identifying and addressing risks appropriately and demonstrating positive safety behaviour
- Report all incidents and hazards and complete reports as necessary
- Ensure visual presence in the field while completing all audits, inspections and safety reviews
- Proactive involvement in ensuring appropriate construction and commissioning processes and strategies are in place
- Ensure consistent productivity of the project by ensuring schedule milestones are achieved within the allocated time frame and budget
- Actively seek opportunities to improve the construction progress, particularly with regard to better use of equipment and installation methodology
- Identify and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues or incidents during shift
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Relevant trade or engineering qualification
- Experience in SMP construction of medium to large scale mining and mineral processing projects
- High level computer knowledge
- Solid background in construction strategies within the mining and mineral processing industry
- Previous experience in a supervisory role leading a group of trades people.
- 6 Month Contract
- Market Related Salary