Our Client is looking for a Senior Exploration Manager to be based in Gauteng who will provide direct output and support to Vice President Geology Africa, to develop exploration programs, systems (structure, processes and people) to optimise exploration processes and understand the operations in the expected region.
- Increase the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve of West Africa through the coordination and optimization of region exploration plan in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor and co-ordinate technical matters to assist in the efficient, safe and profitable exploration of ore bodies and the creation and maintenance of a prospective resource inventory for site.
- Development of a quality exploration plan to co-ordinate the Brownfields exploration strategy for the region in order to meet goals
- Comply with all policies, procedures, programmes that support business improvement initiatives are in line with standards and guidelines.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- MSc in Geology or equivalent degree
- More than 10 years’ experience in field exploration.
- Strong exploration background with at least some mine geology experience
- Experience in orogenic/shear-hosted gold deposits, ideally within East/Central/West Africa
- Solid career progression, including experience in developing and managing exploration plans and budgets
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related Salary