One of our clients, a well-known mining house that is in the early stages of production is seeking a qualified and experienced Strata Control Officer to join their team.
If you have 3 -5 years hands on strata control experience, have a COM Certification and good knowledge of Mine Safety and Open Cast Mining, this could be the perfect job opportunity for you.
- Key function of this role is to actively monitor, measure and report on conditions in the pit
- Daily pit inspections, geotechnical mapping and observation of drilling and loading operations
- Compiling of all observations and documenting compliance with SOP’s and geotechnical safe working conditions.
- Mapping of geotechnical risks and issuing of instructions to relevant mining personnel to mitigate or correct conditions.
- Training of mining personnel on geotechnical issues.
Requirements: (Qualifications and skills)
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Chamber of Mines Accredited Strata Control Qualification
- 3-5 Relevant experience
- Geology qualification (advantageous)
- South Africans Encouraged to Apply
- Permanent Position
- Market Related Salary
- Relocation Required – Northern Cape