The successful incumbent will be responsible for inbound and outbound internal logistics focusing on transportation of underground employees, stores replenishment and end-user supplies provision.
- Plan, implement, control and monitor approved changes to area of responsibility to respond to changes in the industry, legislation, and other related matters including transformation and optimisation.
- Plan, direct and assess quality management within sub-function and recommend remedial actions where necessary to ensure adherence to TQM principles.
- Ensure operational plans are implemented.
- Optimise the core operational internal processes and internal supply chain and resolve operational conflicts.
- Responsible for transporting of employees to underground working at start of shift and back to surface at end of shift.
- Transportation of equipment and consumable spares from surface to underground stores and end-user working areas.
- Optimise logistics functions in a cost effective manner and simultaneously ensure adequate levels of consumable spares and equipment underground. Innovate and enhance existing logistics systems and introduce best logistics practices to drive optimisation.
- Removal of waste materials (including raw sewage) from underground to dedicated surface locations.
- Grade 12
- Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transportation Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Advantageous)
- 6 Years’ Logistics and (underground) Transport management experience in a mining / technical environment
- 2 Years’ Supervisory experience