Reference Number: 138 1910 MHU
This role is responsible for ensuring that the plant technical processes, laboratory operates effectively in order to ensure the quality, and quantity of metals planned is achieved. Also responsible for all metallurgical projects. Coordinates the metallurgical and laboratory teams, equipment and services as required for the role. Actively contribute to the to the effective functioning of the Plant production teams ration as a member of the Senior Management Team, providing input meet the overall company strategic mission and objectives from a Mineral Processing perspective. Develop and implement technical and support systems, processes for the Mineral Processing Department to deliver sustainable excellence with regard to the economic performance of the plant.
- Key outputs and accountabilities:
- Technical project planning.
- Safety is key accountability.
- Training & development
- Effective operation of the plant technical processes
- Creating a high performing technical and support team and a conductive employee relations climate
- Leadership, throughput and quality of product
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Other requirements would include computer skills for the role certificate of fitness and driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the best utilisation and business applications of management and plant processing
- Experience in Mineral Processing Industry with a proven track record in Production Management
- Experience on differential flotation would be an added advantage
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of managing and developing people
- Excellent relationship building skills and able to interact effectively at all levels
- An understanding of business and financial concepts
Feature image credit: Wikimedia