Reference Number: 229 2307 MHU
The position is responsible for the management of the mining services department. This is composed by mining face preparation, mining infrastructures management, water/tails and slimes management, and rehabilitation. They are also responsible for the development a very detailed three to 12 month look ahead plan, and for the development and delivery of a detailed capital and operating budget. The successful incumbent will report directly in to the Mine Manager.
- Develop the Mining Services strategy and annual plan aligned to achieve the company objectives (SHE, Operational, financial)
- Streamline geotechnical risks management process: from design, construction, monitoring to closure of all mining infrastructures.
- Liaise with Mine planning department to ensure the plan for mine infrastructure and tailings/slimes management is optimised in term of safety and operating cost.
- Ensure that auditable processes are in place to meet company SHE standards and all applicable regulations
- Oversee all mining services operations to ensure compliance to the company operational procedures about tails, slimes, water and infrastructures management
- Review existing processes and operational practices to improve efficiency, productivity and safety
- Ensure that the Heavy Machinery Fleet allocated to his department are managed efficiently: operation, maintenance, fuel consumption
- Set-up a cost efficient management process to achieve productivity whilst maintaining all safety requirements with regards to geotechnical and heavy machinery risks
- Drive compliance to Company Health, Safety & Environment, and environmental licensing & permitting requirements by ensuring appropriate practices, standards and procedures are in place
- Balance, manage and control resources across different disciplines through resource plans executed in line with the constraints of annual planning cycles, operational specifications and organisational resource plans
- Empower employees and emerging leaders and specialists to achieve operational excellence
- Proactively align future talent needs through effective succession planning and capacity building initiatives (i.e. development programmes, training, mentorship, coaching etc.), and advise employees on career opportunities and the requirements to achieve personal growth
- Keep within budget constrains for an annual period and minimise expenditure
- Effectively manage contractor/ service provider relationships, and budgets associated with special projects
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Formal qualifications in a technical field e.g. mining, civil engineering or similar
- At least 12 years’ experience in Heavy Minerals Industry, with at least 7 years’ experience as a Superintendent
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Mining, Geotechnical risk management, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective mining of product.
- Strong command of English
- Knowledge of sand mining is beneficial
- Strong monitoring, critical thinking, time management, management of personnel and team developing skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat role with roster of 6/2