Eastern Platinum’s Board of Directors has approved the revised 2021 capital budget following the closing of the rights offering.
The Company’s subsidiary, Barplats Mines has now reserved an additional ZAR73 million in capital funding for platinum group metals expansions, resource and environmental assessments, legal compliance and site investment to expand the Company’s revenue base and advance projects targeted based on expected value to the Company.
Read more articles about investment
Barplats will use part of the proceeds from the Eastplats rights offering to commence and complete the following:
- Reconfigure and optimize the small-scale PGM circuit which also includes funding for some of the initial work required to restart the main PGM plant circuit;
- Upgrades and repairs to the Crocodile River Mine Zandfontein underground shaft and rock winder to ensure they are available for PGM operations;
- Completion of the refurbishment of the existing PGM Main Circuit to increase the capacity and recovery opportunity of PGM recovery and sales;
- Mareesburg project environmental work to complete the environmental impact assessment regarding the haul road and project;
- Prospecting and assessment work in relation to Zandfontein, Crocette and Spitzkop ore bodies;
- Feasibility and assessment work regarding a vertical furnace and pelletizer of chrome concentrate;
- CRM underground assessment including all chrome recovery activities in relation to the Retreatment Project;
- and Capital requirements for care and maintenance, working capital and general and administrative costs.
Read more articles about PGMs
Diana Hu, the President and CEO of Eastplats, states that, “confirmation of these projects after a challenging 2020 is further evidence of Eastplats’ successful development plan, anchored by the Retreatment Project and chrome concentrate production and rapidly expanding into the PGM market.
“The Company looks forward to the completion of the various projects and the development of all these opportunities in South Africa for its shareholders.”