To support the business unit General Manager by leading the HR function on the mine. The focus of the role is integrating and controlling the interaction between a number of systems, the flexible delivery of operational accountabilities and the display of specialist knowledge.Responsibilities:
- Recruitment, Selection, Assessment and Induction.
- Labour Relations, including shaft based negotiations.
- Evaluate and Implement Policies and Procedures.
- Recognition, Reward and Retention as per the Performance Management system.
- Implementing, managing and reporting on legislative compliance including Mining Charter, SLP and SD.
- Human Resources Development.
- Corporate Governance.
- Employee Wellness.
- Change and Transformation Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 3 year Human Resources degree or diploma - NQF 6 qualification majoring in HR Management, Sociology or Psychology and/or Industrial Psychology and/or post graduate qualification in HR and/or LR.
- Relevant managerial qualifications such as an MDP.
- 7-10 years’ experience as a senior manager with a generalist HR background in a mining environment on a business unit.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with challenges in the mining environment.
- Ability and experience to lead and manage staff reporting to the position.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships as well as negotiation skills with an ability to persuade and be diplomatic.
- Cultural awareness skills.
- Thorough knowledge of SA labour legislation and the Mines Health and Safety Act.