Attend the unique high-level mining roundtable and best practice seminar at iPAD East Africa 2009 and the 11th East African Power Industry Convention (EAPIC) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania from 11-13 August 2009 and gain access to the latest policy and legislation affecting this important industry in the region.
The Infrastructure Partnerships for African Development (iPAD) East Africa 2009 conference and exhibition and the 11th EAPIC is a must-attend event for power and mining professionals on the continent! It will prove to be a strategic regional gathering providing insight into the development of infrastructure imperative for the mining industry in Tanzania and focusing on trade and investment, as well as the power industry in East Africa.
A dedicated pre-conference seminar focused on mining will give delegates access to:
- Mining sector leaders roundtable with the sector’s stakeholders discussing the implications of general policy and legislation that will the sector. It is also a unique opportunity for Government to outline its policy and the private sector to raise questions.
- H.E. William Mganga Ngeleja, Minister of Energy and Minerals, Tanzania
- Amb. Ami Mpungwe, Chairman, Chamber of Minerals and Energy, Tanzania
- Vedasto Rwechungura, Programme Officer, World Bank, Tanzania*
- Joseph Sheffu, Partner, Ernst & Young, Tanzania
- Best practices presentation: Towards a sustainable mining sector Resource rich countries like Tanzania have the challenge in the current economic climate particularly, to ensure that they address social and environmental issues linked with mining exploration and operations. There is the perception that there are little social benefits from mining and that the environment is always at risk. This session will outline sustainable mining policies and practices. Chairman: Mr Katema Tadesse, Director General, Southern and East African Minerals Centre, Tanzania
- Many more elite speakers from the mining industry and region, including:
- Dr. Peter Kafumu-Commissioner of Mines, Ministry of Energy and Minerals, Tanzania
- Mr. Gareth Taylor, Regional Vice President, Barrick Africa, Tanzania*
- Chairman: Gideon Nasari, Managing Director, National Development Corporation, Tanzania
- Eng. Bashir Mrindoko, Commissioner for Energy, Ministry of Energy and Minerals, Tanzania
- Eng. Alex Kaaya, Commercial Director, Dawasco, Tanzania*
Connect, learn and contribute at this powerful event.
Register now to join this select group of Mining Industry professionals.
Sign-up today, quote the code MKTG06!
For registration, travel and accommodation information contact Zonika Koen at firstname.lastname@example.org / EXT: 3521
Visit www.ipad-africa.com/east to register or request further information.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Kilimanjaro Hotel Kempinski in Dar es Salaam from 11-13 August 2009!