HomeNewsRoyal Bafokeng acquires stake in Atterbury Investment

Royal Bafokeng acquires stake in Atterbury Investment

Royal Bafokeng
Platinum’s Rasimone
platinum mine
 
Johannesburg, South Africa — MININGREVIEW.COM — 26 October 2010 – Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) “’ the primary investment vehicle of the Royal Bafokeng nation “’ has announced that it has acquired a 10.5% stake in unlisted property fund Atterbury Investment for R500 million.

RBH manages commercial assets for the Royal Bafokeng Nation, a community of black South Africans that owns 1 200 sq km of the land hosting the Bushveld complex — one of the world’s biggest platinum deposits.

The company’s mining unit, Royal Bafokeng Platinum (RBPlat), is planning to list on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange next month. The unit’s key asset is a 67% stake in the Rasimone platinum mine, with the remaining 33% owned by Anglo Platinum.

RBPlat had earlier suspended its listing plan after Impala Platinum had offered to buy the Rasimone mine, but the bid was snubbed by Angloplat.

LATEST FEATURES