Spintelligent Pty, the leading Cape Town-based publisher, trade exhibition and conference organiser Global events giant Clarion has launched the Spintelligent Training Academy to address learning and development needs in the energy, utilities and mining industries on the African continent.
Spintelligent managing director David Ashdown says: “part of our experience in providing quality content B2B industry events in the energy and mining sectors, is that we are part of the industry and therefore perfectly placed to identify trends and gaps and challenges with regards to skills development.”
Widely reported skills gaps
The Spintelligent Training Academy has identified a need for training solutions that deliver both industry specific know-how and effective learning and development. David Ashdown explains: “there are widely reported skills gaps across energy and mining in Africa at both a technical and management level. The message is consistent from both government and industry that investment in training and education is core to ensure all progress is sustainable.”
He continues: “our solutions are designed to bring international best practice combined with a deep understanding that exists within Spintelligent of the challenges that are being faced by developed and developing nations across Africa. The academy’s core focus is to work in partnership with our clients to deliver training solutions that support their investment in Africa at both commercial and technical levels, across multiple job functions and management levels.”
Programmes by the industry, for the industry
“The Spintelligent Training Academy recognises that every sector has its own unique challenges,” says David Ashdown, “and whilst the skills are transferable, in order to achieve high performance you need to understand and apply them in the context of the sector. Furthermore, investment in training creates a more skilled and motivated workforce, and provides a tangible and sustained return for the individual, the business and the industry.”
The academy faculty will comprise expert practitioners from industry, government academia and consultancies, drawing on Spintelligent’s long standing relationships with both government and industry to ensure that the content of the training programmes is relevant and builds value.
Spintelligent Training Academy’s upcoming courses include:
- Understanding African Electricity Market Regulations and Economic Regulatory Analysis, Cape Town, 26-28 Jan 2015
- Developing Business Strategies for Renewable Energies in Africa, Cape Town, 29-31 Jan 2015
- Effective Asset Management, Accra, Ghana, 16-18 March 2015
- Financing Power Projects in Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria, 23-25 March 2015
- Power Purchase Agreements, Cape Town, 25-27 March 2015
- Smart Meter Economics, Accra, 9-11 April 2015
- Electricity Market Pricing and Trading, Cape Town, 13-14 April 2015
- Public Private Partnerships: Understanding the Regulatory Framework, Cape Town, 20-21 April 2015
- Economics of Public Private Partnerships, Cape Town, 22-24 April 2015
- Contracting for EPC Contracts and Services in the Energy Industry, Lagos, 27-29 April 2015
- Grid Shock Preparedness and Blackout Management, Nairobi, Kenya, 18-19 May 2015
Spintelligent is the African office of Clarion Events Ltd which is based in the UK. It has become recognised as a highly successful African event organiser and publisher, with flagship projects in the power, mining, agriculture, defence and education sectors such as African Utility Week, West African Power Industry Convention, African EduWeek, Agritech-Expo, Land Forces Africa and the iPAD infrastructure and mining event franchise.