Eskom’s MD of Primary Energy Dan Marokane will give his view on how the pricing outlook of coal will impact the coal energy sector during a high-level coal industry meeting, Coal Energy Africa, from 16-17 August at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg.
Abundant reserves and the low cost of coal still make it the preferred energy source to meet increasing electric demand for the foreseeable future. However, the challenge is to make coal more efficient and environmentally friendly. These challenges and opportunities for sustainable coal energy provision in Africa will be discussed during Coal Energy Africa.
Featured speakers and highlights of Coal Energy Africa include:
- Dan Marokane, Managing Director Primary Energy, Eskom – the man who was described by Moneyweb as “the man that can make or break Eskom”.
Utility keynote address: How will the pricing outlook of coal impact the coal energy sector?
- Milton Catelin, Chief Executive, World Coal Institute, UK
Keynote address: Coal – a responsible future fuel
- Munyaradzi Mugowo, Executive Director, InvestFin Global, Zimbabwe
Think thermal as Zimbabwe’s surging power demand holds up recovery: balancing the opportunities and risks.
- Roundtable discussion:
The sustainable use of coal for a secure energy supply – what are the opportunities and challenges for Africa today?
- Making coal green:
- Tony Surridge, Head of the South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), South Africa
New developments in CO2 capture, storage and sequestration – reducing emission levels at our coal-fired power plants
- Naushaad Haripersad, Clean Coal Section Manager, Eskom
Coal and sustainability – the application of power generation technologies and the associated sustainable use of resources.
Event website: www.coalenergyafrica.com
For more information, interviews and accreditation:
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Tel. +27 21 700 3558
Fax. +27 21 700 3501
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844