Live broadcast date: Tuesday 28 July 2020
09h00 New York | 13h00 GMT | 14h00 London | 15h00 Paris | 15h00 Amsterdam | 15h00 Johannesburg | 18h30 New Delhi | 21h00 Singapore | 23h00 Melbourne
Investment in gold as a safe-haven asset during times of systemic crisis has held true during the unprecedented health crisis resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Gold prices this year have risen to their highest level since 2012 amid fears of a global Coronavirus-induced economic slowdown.
What does this mean for Africa’s booming gold mining industry?
While many gold mines have had to halt operations due to COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions, which may have an effect on their short-term profitability, the future looks bright as gold prices are expected to continue to rise even as economies recover and mines return to full operation. This will allow Africa’s gold miners to take advantage of the high price environment.
Join Mining Review Africa for a live panel discussion that will unpack the effects of the gold price rally on Africa.
Key discussion points will include:
- Gold price trends in 2020
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on gold prices
- Gold mining operations in Africa and their contribution to global gold production
- How gold mining companies in Africa have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The effect of the gold bull market on the gold mining sector in Africa