The key to building and developing a successful mining industry in Africa lies in countries’ ability to localise business opportunities and facilitate trade between regions.
This notion is supported and encouraged in Zimbabwe by ZimTrade, the National Trade Development and Promotion Organization of the Republic of Zimbabwe. Through its close relationships with industry experts and development cooperation partners, it facilitates trade opportunities with local Zimbabwean companies and other mining-hot destinations in Africa, such as the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The organisation is a true reflection of inter-regional trade and support for businesses in both Zimbabwe, the DRC and the rest of Africa.
Access a recording of the webinar hosted by ZimTrade, Mining Review Africa and DRC Mining Week which outlined the extensive opportunities available in supporting the growth of the mining industry in the DRC through its local partners.
The webinar unpacked the following key themes:
- An introduction to ZimTrade and the organization’s core purpose
- The true trade potential that exists between Zimbabwe and the DRC
- What the Zimbabwe OEM industry has to offer the African mining industry
- The benefits or inter-regional trade between African countries
- Case study: ZimTrade partner Boltgas International and the trade successes it has achieved in the DRC
- Case study: Ivanhoe Mines’ – one of the DRC’s biggest copper mine developers and its relationship with ZimTrade partners
Laura Cornish, Editor-in-Chief, Mining Review Africa
Allan T. Majuru, Chief Executive Officer | ZimTrade
Simon B. Tuma-Waku, Vice-Président | Fédération des Entreprises du Congo (FEC)
Matthew Sibanda, CEO | Boltgas International