The Democratic Republic of Congo has undergone a period of transformation over the last year with the introduction of a revised Mining Code whose legislation seeks to benefit all stakeholders in terms of social, environmental and economic upliftment.
But it has also increased taxes and placed a high royalty rate on speciality minerals including cobalt and coltan as determined by government.
Now, just over a year later, have the consequences of the new laws been beneficial or not?
Understanding the operating environment within the DRC does not have to be an onerous task and it doesn’t have to have a negative impact on your bottom line.
The webinar unpacked:
- Key advice on adapting ones business to comply with the revised Mining Code
- The untapped mining potential in the DRC.
- How well-established major mining companies have dealt with the revised Mining Code changes
- The pros and cons when incorporating a registered company in the DRC
- Other things to consider when investing in the DRC
Louis Watum | MD: DRC Operations| Ivanhoe Mines DRC
Eric Bruggeman | CEO | South African Capital Equipment Export Council
Edmond Cibamba | Attorney at Law ( Partner) | EMW & Associates
This webinar was held in partnership with DRC Mining Week which will be held in Lubumbashi, DRC from 19 – 22 June 2019.