Africa Mining Forum, hosted in Rwanda in 2019, is evolving to ensure it continues to provide its audience with the information and knowledge sharing opportunities necessary to build greater business opportunities in Africa as we continue to operate within a COVID-19 world.
This is the third episode in a series of expert-led Webinars to help guide your African mining investment decisions.
Following on from the ‘Africa Mining Tour’ journey we started in the East and West African regions, AMF’s third event in the series takes a close look at key strategic regions in Southern Africa – South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe – looking at the junior market and how they are faring amidst the pandemic, how investment decisions have changed and influenced their businesses, and what plans are in play for the short, medium and long-term future.
While COVID-19 has significantly changed operating models, as well as investors’ approaches and decision-making, there are still opportunities for the junior sector in these territories, which will support the recovery of the broader mining industry.
View a recording of the webinar hosted by Africa Mining Forum and Mining Review Africa which dissected the current and future impact of COVID-19 in South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe, and how the resilience of the mining sector has the power to overcome this challenge, like many others that have come before and are still to come.
Key discussion points included:
- Understanding the untapped potential in these regions for the junior sector
- What is the key to seeing the three regions recover and establish sustainable projects
- Insight on legislation updates in South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe – what you need to know to make an investment decision during and/or post COVID-19
- Unpacking the impacts and challenges brought by the pandemic in those territories
- Key projects in these regions – successes and knowledge sharing from miners already investing in South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe
Sam Hosack, Managing Director | Prospect Resources
Mitford Mundell, Chief Executive Officer – Africa | Theta Gold Mines
Tony Harwood, CEO and President | Montero Mining & Exploration