The East Africa region is richly endowed with mineral resources that have yet to be exploited and offer attractive investment opportunities – especially as lockdown measures to contain the pandemic are eased and the reopening of the economies continues to boost metals prices.
The good news is that key regions in East Africa are home to some of the most in-demand metals and minerals, including Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
Listen to a recording of the webinar hosted by Mining Review Africa and Africa Mining Forum. This was the first episode in a series of expert-led Webinars to help guide your African mining investment decisions.
In the first episode, experts examined what investors and key mining companies consider to be the hottest mining destinations in East Africa.
Key discussion points included:
- Why are these regions attractive investment hot spots
- Understanding the mineral wealth in these regions
- Insight on legislation updates in Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia – what you need to know to make investment decision right now
- Unpacking key challenges that still exist to operate in those territories
- Role of the region as a mining investment hub for Africa
- Key projects in these regions – successes and knowledge sharing from miners already investing in Tanzania, Ethiopia and Rwanda
Rocky Smith, Chief Executive Officer | Peak Resources
Brian Menell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer | TechMet
Andrew Lee Smith, Chief Executive Officer | East Africa Metals
Marcus Courage, Chief Executive Officer | Africa Practice