Africa Mining Forum, hosted in Rwanda in 2019, is evolving to ensure it continues to provide its audience with the information and knowledge sharing opportunities necessary to build greater business opportunities in Africa as we continue to operate within a COVID-19 world.
Africa Mining Forum, together with Mining Review Africa hosted the second episode in a series of expert-led Webinars to help guide your African mining investment decisions.
On the back of our first episode, which focused on the East African region, episode 2 explored the emerging markets in West Africa that offer significant opportunities. The region is recognised as “new gold frontier” and an emerging gold investment hotspot in Africa.
And our timing is great! West Africa has the biggest gold growth rate in the world, despite the current pandemic. At present, 74% of all exploration projects are focusing on gold.
The webinar unpacked the current and future potential in Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana. Key investors and mining operators in these countries shared their experiences and expectations in these territories.
Key discussion points included:
- What makes these regions attractive investment spots
- Understanding the untapped gold potential in these regions
- Impact of the gold price trends on mining operations and investments in West Africa
- Insight on legislation updates in Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana – what you need to know to make an investment decision right now
- Unpacking key challenges that still exist to operate in those territories
- Key projects in these regions – successes and knowledge sharing from miners already investing in Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana
Jeff Quartermaine, Chief Executive Officer | Perseus Mining
Ricus Grimbeek, Chief Executive Officer | Trevali Mining Corporation
Emma Priestley, Chief Executive Officer | GoldStone Resources
Steven Grey, Country Manager for West Africa | UK Export Finance